You have a TFN but didn’t work so I don’t have to lodge a tax return, right? NO!

When you have a Tax File Number but you have not worked during the financial year, you have to submit a non-lodgment advice to the ATO to let them know you have not worked. Failure to do so can result in late lodgment penalties, the same as lodging an actual tax return after it’s due date.

Don’t risk it and submit this form if you haven’t worked during the financial year.