Happy New Financial Year everyone! We wish all of our clients and associates a happy, safe and prosperous 2017/2018 financial year.
July is a very busy time of year for tax compliance and here is a summary of the important dates you need to be aware of this month:
- 12 July 2017 – Qld to win State of Origin
- 14 July 2017 – PAYG Withholding Payment Summaries must be issued to ‘payees’ (employees and others)
- 28 July 2017 – June 2017 Quarter Superannuation must be paid
- 28 July 2017 – June 2017 Quarterly Activity Statements due for lodgement and payment (except if lodged through an agent like Mark Your Tax Accountant where lodgement and payment can be delayed )
Like the calendar new year, July is a good time to set New Year’s resolutions for your business and personal financial prosperity. Planning to spend time on your business rather than in your business is critical to achieving sustainable business success. Why not consider
- Preparing, reviewing, or updating your business plan
- Review how your achievements in FY17 measured up against your goals and determine what you need to do differently in FY18 to get a better outcome?
- Review your finances – can you get a better deal on your general insurances, home loan, business loan, equipment leases?
- Future finances – How will you support yourself in retirement – who should you consult?
Mark Your Tax Accountant can assist with all of the above and can recommend qualified professionals in speciality areas like banking, financial planning, life insurance, stock broking and estate lawyers. We are pleased to support you through your planning process to help you to achieve your financial and lifestyle goals, so why not give us a call.